Bummed - first job

Tjfemt911

Forum Probie
Hi there,
I'm 18 (however a junior in college (I started college at age 16))and I just got my EMT license in September. I did it through a private organization in Minnesota where my dad used to medic. I did all of my ride-a-longs with them and know quite a few of the emts and medics. I had my interview last tuesday and I wasn't too confident about it after I left. I got a call yesterday and the man told me that they don't have a position to offer me right now HOWEVER if something falls through with the other 2 candidates, then i'm pretty high up on the list, so I could be getting a call sooner than later. I'm bummed I didn't get the job because I really wanted to work for them.

1st - what would you make of what they said to me? I'm bias. :glare:
2nd - any tips for me would be appreciated. I know I'm young and I want them to look past that. I know my stuff and I'm ready to learn more out in the field.
3 - Any other input?

Thank you! :)

Sasha

Forum Chief
1st - what would you make of what they said to me? I'm bias.

That you weren't the best candidate. Sorry, it happens.

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
I have no advice for you, but just wanted to let you know I am in the same boat right now! I was really bummed, and I was told my interview went GREAT!!
But the only advice I can offer you is, apply to more places. Find a job, but still dont give up on the place you really want to work. Keep calling them every month and let them know you are still interested, and if anything has came up. Volunteer with them if possible. Good LUCK! I know how it is!!!

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, at least its something. They have you on a "list". So I'd look at it as plan B and keep trying for plan A. Hang in there, I know how you feel. I know how much it sucks not being able to get that job.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
for you, the wisest one on the site right now is CountryEMT-bGurl