bridge programs

DBacon

Forum Ride Along
Any know of any RRT to Paramedic Bridge programs? Thanks!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
In all liklihood none. There's few for nurses, and I dislike even those. Unless you'd be ok with a medic bridging over to your profession, you have to ask why you want to take a short cut.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
In all liklihood none. There's few for nurses, and I dislike even those. Unless you'd be ok with a medic bridging over to your profession, you have to ask why you want to take a short cut.

I have to disagree on that principle, it does not have to be a two way street. If a certain profession has educational requirements that supersedes a similar profession then I see no problem in giving them credit for that education and an accelerated course. That does not mean the other profession, whom may not have those educational requirements, can be given the same opportunity. A person who had to take college Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, etc shouldn't have to sit through a few weeks of water-downed A&P out of a paramedic textbook.

Check out Creighton's program. I think RRTs can do it.

OP
OP
D

DBacon

Forum Ride Along
Not looking for a shortcut I'm a former paramedic and due to some life issues my license has expired. It has been 10 years and my only option is to retake the whole corse. I'm hoping to find an accelerated one. I have ACLS and PALS currently just need to the hours!

OP
OP
D

DBacon

Forum Ride Along
I have to disagree on that principle, it does not have to be a two way street. If a certain profession has educational requirements that supersedes a similar profession then I see no problem in giving them credit for that education and an accelerated course. That does not mean the other profession, whom may not have those educational requirements, can be given the same opportunity. A person who had to take college Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, etc shouldn't have to sit through a few weeks of water-downed A&P out of a paramedic textbook.

Check out Creighton's program. I think RRTs can do it.
talked with Creighton, they do not offer a program..

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Not looking for a shortcut I'm a former paramedic and due to some life issues my license has expired. It has been 10 years and my only option is to retake the whole corse. I'm hoping to find an accelerated one. I have ACLS and PALS currently just need to the hours!
Ah ok. In that case im sorry for the short reply lol. Honestly the only thing i can think of might be to fo through a basic program and challenge the Florida state paramedic exam once certified as a basic. Unless they closed that particular loophole anyway.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Percom here in Texas offers distance learning accelerated programs. Might be worth looking into. Or TEEX