Breaking News

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Well... all this talk about me getting my PA certification - I may not need it right now...
My boyfriend just called me... He got his orders for the Marines. We're going to DC!!! He has to report to the Pentagon on January 26th, so in the months following, I will be moving out with him. (We have to find a house, etc...) Plus, I need to find a job too out there.

Anybody here work in the D.C area??? What type of pay scale is it for EMT-B's?

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
DC= District of Chaos. Have fun moving, and try looking in VA or MD as you prolly will not live in DC proper.

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Hey there,

Yeah, we're looking outside of DC at houses. We're looking at nice neighborhoods, some of the houses that are for rent are owned by retired Marines. (Nice houses...) We were looking at one that was 6 bdrms, 3 bths.... $3k a month in rent... HAHA But, it's 5K sqft... on 5 acres... :) It's too much, we're probably looking at maybe about $1800 a month in rent...
I might have to get a desk job for a while.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Girl you are just all over the place!! you will have to let me know what it is like in D.C. I have never been back east, all I know is that it is COLD!:blink: talk to ya soon! :)

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Girl you are just all over the place!! you will have to let me know what it is like in D.C. I have never been back east, all I know is that it is COLD!:blink: talk to ya soon! :)

I know - well... I was in Florida most of my life. I came to PA because of a divorce. I met a guy... moved in with him... and he's now going active duty again so we're moving!

Oh well... such as life, huh? I should be there for 3 years though... so at least I will have SOME stability.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I still think I hold the record here for the most moves in a short period of time, or at least the most miles traveled in a short period of time.

SW FL --> Northern CA --> Southern CA --> SW FL in less than six months

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
go with the 6 bdrm house and let me live with you! :) I'm willing to move to... well.... anywhere but here. As long as I can bring my paramedic and a few other essentials. ;)

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
go with the 6 bdrm house and let me live with you! :) I'm willing to move to... well.... anywhere but here. As long as I can bring my paramedic and a few other essentials. ;)

That can be kinky... LMAO... j/k

My boyfriend already thinks I want to work a 24 hour shift just so I can sleep with other guys (meaning the same room)... LOL :blush:

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
Yeah!

It does sound kind of kinky!! let me know if you have a party!! (ha ha)
Well things are really flipping around for you huh? Keep in touch on the forum and let us know what goes down for you guys or lets say up, keeping in the positive frame of reference. Give my best to your boyfriend and tell him whatever he is doing Stay low,stay SAFE!!
That's the same advice I always give to the Brothers and Sisters in the Brotherhood! TTYL Paul

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Oh yeah... :)
He's safe at home, thank God, but thank you very much for the blessing!! :) He's my baby, and I don't know what I would do without him. I am so very proud of him!!
He's already served 2 tours in Iraq...so he's home for a while. He's only got 10 years left before he retires! :)

firescapes

Forum Crew Member
Glad to hear he is safe at home and your welcome on the blessing!I was in the Canadian Navy during the Viet Nam conflict -not directly involved but sure can relate to what he has experienced.Good luck to you guys on your house hunting...look forward to your future posts....Paul

trauma1534

Forum Captain
Well... all this talk about me getting my PA certification - I may not need it right now...
My boyfriend just called me... He got his orders for the Marines. We're going to DC!!! He has to report to the Pentagon on January 26th, so in the months following, I will be moving out with him. (We have to find a house, etc...) Plus, I need to find a job too out there.

Anybody here work in the D.C area??? What type of pay scale is it for EMT-B's?

Actually, I do. Look at Fairfax County Fire and EMS in Virginia. This is not far at all from DC, and they are always recruiting, and they will put you through all the training you need, including Paramedic. They are one of they highest paying EMS jobs in VA. You should be able to go online and look into it. I talked to some of them at EMS Symposium last month. They are really looking for females. From what I understand, it is very easy to get hired, the hard part is staying hired. You have to make it through thier "boot camp" if you will.

But, there is an option. There was another agancy there in Northern Virginia near DC where my cousin worked. I'll try to find out what the name of that agancy is too. I'm not sure though, if he worked as just a fire fighter or both fire and EMS. He is now only a fire fighter EMT in NC, but he was an EMT-CT when he was here.

Good luck!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
AMR is new in the DC metro area (both MD and VA) and is hiring last I heard. Advantages - it is AMR... disadvantages - it is AMR.

Fairfax County is a GREAT system... but I think it is a long process to get in there.