Brady Paramedic Care Second Edition

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
We used this 5 Volume set for class (along with A&P book, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, 12-lead etc.). I thought it was a pretty thorough set. Anyone else use them for class? or what do some of the veterans think about them? any supplemental reading books i ought to look into? I bought an emergency pharmacology book on the side. And i realize there a tons of books i can read, and one never stops learning in this field... etc. but anything as to kinda keep refreshed or take it all to the next level?

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
The new third edition 5 volume set is already out.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Got mine 2 weeks ago. :D

Cool! I shot several images in volumes 4 and 5 and the cover on all five volumes I photogrpahed as well.

AlaskaEMT

Forum Crew Member
Ahh nice... I always wondered why they didn't use a different picture on the front of each volume. Where was it taken?

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I'm not real sure why they did not select a different photo for each volume. When I was working on the project with my photo editor from Pearson, I never did ask. The editors with Bledsoe looked at about a dozen images and selected this one. The other image that I shot that was a contender for the Paramedic Care book was used as the cover for the new release of Brady's First Responder book.

The Paramedic Care image was shot about four years ago at about 4 in the morning along a road near the Mississippi river in Missouri. This same image also appeared in the March 2006 issue of JEMS "EMS In Action".