BP Sounds

dixie_flatline

Forum Captain
Yeah... We (same jurisdiction as OP) have crappy old ferno cots. The only way to attach the lifepak is if the pt is sitting up (it's also possible to hang it off the side but this is kind of a pain and somewhat unbalances the cot). Our "portable" suction units are also bigger than our on-board units. That thing hardly ever leaves the rig, unfortunately.

Goes into every call:
Red (BLS) bag - O2, bvm/nrb/npa/opa, trauma supplies, spO2, BLS meds

Goes in to most anything "serious" (AMS, LOC, SOB, chest px, etc):
Cot
Monitor
ALS bag - IV kit, BGL, tube kit, meds
Suction (only really pulled off for LOC, code, or active vomiting reported)

Stays on rig unless explicitly called for:
Stair Chair/Reeves/Scoop
Splints
Autopulse
Glidescope
EZ-IO
CPAP

Is it perfect? No. I've been trying to get more people to think about grabbing the suction, but it's so damn big and we use it maybe 2% of calls. It is physically impossible for 2 providers to carry in all of the equipment we need/use on a full code (cot, BLS bag, ALS bag, monitor, suction, autopulse, IO, glidescope). Thankfully I haven't seen a full code in our area without at least 7 providers on scene before pt is packaged.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
The likelihood of me bringing in the monitor is proportional to the distance between my truck and the patient. If I can see the patient before I get out and they don't look like they're about to keel over, we take our jump bag, talk a bit, and walk them to the ambulance. If I'm going on a two minute stroll through a stadium, everything goes in, including the PCR laptop in case we need to document a refusal. The medical director checks in on calls occasionally and does not like to see us at the patient without the monitor.