Boston area ambulances

CHITOWNMEDIC

Forum Probie
Could anyone suggest an area around Beantown as far as affordable housing (apartments) & ambulance services that treat their Paramedics well? I'm looking to re-locate there with my Mass.EMT-P as my family is from the DOT/Roxbury areas & would like to find out what's best for me.
Thanks in advance.. P.S. 10 yrs. too old for any civil service positions..

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
define treated well? some offer good pay, but make you work your butt off for it. some offer crappy pay but fantastic benefits. some companies treat you so badly as a person that reagrdless of the benefits package you wont want to work there.

it will be tough to support boston residence on a private services pay. the bottom end of the pay scale around here for medics is about 15/hr. some services compensate for experience, some couldnt care less.

i have a lot of street level knowledge about boston ambulance services. i have either worked for or know somebody that has worked for almost all of them. however, i have neither the time(right now) nor the inclination to post some of that info on the internet. shoot me a pm and i'll try to help you out with what i can.