BLS Simulator

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone know where I could find a BLS Simulator for the computer? I know there is one in the "file library" But its a demo and only has one call you go on which is like wow easy. It was fun though.

skyemt

Forum Captain
why would you post a link to something you say is old and horrible, and one you wouldn't use?

total waste of time.

posting for the sake of posting?

OP
OP
Topher38

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
Well originally I was looking for a BLS simulator. Then a day or 2 later I was talking to someone and they gave me a link and the BLS simulator really wasnt that great. So I posted that the one I had found was bad....Sorry.....

JPINFV

Gadfly
I don't think it's a bad thing to post a link to something you think is bad. He could have always come across the link anyways and this way he has a review as well as the link.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
OP
OP
Topher38

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
HAHAHAHAHA Are those guys actually EMTs?! O man. That was pretty funny.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I remember tooling around with Less Stress 7 years ago when I was still in high school. They really should have continued putting those out because they're hilarious. The speech in scenario 28 is great.

OP
OP
Topher38

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
I actually thought that it was a real scenario then a 4 slides in I started wondering :ph34r:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well, it is rather basic, but I don't remember anything being medically wrong with it. It does have a unique sense of humor going on though. I think we've all worked with a "Mortimer" [idiot partner] and all had that "it's dinner time, why does it feel like we're about to get a call" feeling.

certguy

Forum Captain
Yep ! work long enough and you ' ll see a mortimer or 2 . I laughed my butt off at the grim reaper in the elevator . You're right , they should do a lot more of those . Nothing like testing your knowledge and having fun at the same time .

Craig

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Screw up and it always seems to be mortimers fault. Want me to bag that baby? Hes breathing a 32!

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
why would you post a link to something you say is old and horrible, and one you wouldn't use?

total waste of time.

posting for the sake of posting?

No, he could have been posting so we don't waste our time looking at it even though I will=D

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Forget using "Second Life", at least yet.

University of Idaho did a big scale exercise but the sim they used is closed off and they have not to my knowledge repeated it. I was involved with another sim which had/has role play, but despite the proprietors' best efforts, there is a strong feel of "make beleive" due to technical limits and the temptation they succumb to with pushing the tech limits but not the human factor, most of all the SL tendency to get nekkid and dance.

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
Yep ! work long enough and you ' ll see a mortimer or 2 . I laughed my butt off at the grim reaper in the elevator . You're right , they should do a lot more of those . Nothing like testing your knowledge and having fun at the same time . Craig

I decided to wait for the next elevator, thinking the grim reaper would cause patient anxiety. Glad im not a real EMT yet.