Big Wigs up there...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well if for some reason you were in the back woods on a rescue and for who knows why you don't have a stokes basket, sure I guess. Not sure how much weight I would be comfortable with putting on that. If a sup came complaining to me, my only response would be "well I was always taught to improvise and adapt" its unorthodox but it looks like it could work.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Well if for some reason you were in the back woods on a rescue and for who knows why you don't have a stokes basket, sure I guess. Not sure how much weight I would be comfortable with putting on that. If a sup came complaining to me, my only response would be "well I was always taught to improvise and adapt" its unorthodox but it looks like it could work.

Rock on. :) Duct tape is awesome.

MedicMan

Forum Probie
If you find yourself in desperate need of a Stretcher so bad that you build one out of sticks and duct tape... I'd dare someone to complain!! Obviously they did exactly @#&#@@

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

I showed my instructor and she laughed (she's an explosive laugher which is funny in itself.) So then we go on to labs, and of course some of the face masks, etc, have holes or are falling apart, blah blah blah... I'm going to get them a roll of duct tape. Mind you- about a month ago, I bought them band-aids after my finger wouldnt stop bleeding after a glucosometer (spelled right?) lab and they had to wrap my finger in a folded 4x4 and tape (yes, for a little poke.) So now I will have donated 2 boxes of Doc McStuffin bandaids and a roll of duct tape: Nebraska Husker themed, of course.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

*glucosometer... can you tell my brain is fatigued? Glucometer.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

2 weeks and maybe my brain will return.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Gawd. As said, if you don't have a ferno, stokes, sked, or anything commercial of the sort, then there are other issues on that rescue.

That said, if it wasn't a rescue and you just want to build a transport device, I say tubular webbing is your friend.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

From this alone, i will alwas carry duct tape in my bag

gnosis

Forum Crew Member
I made one of those for an exercise once. They're actually really strong. Finding good sticks was the real problem, but I suppose that depends on where you are.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

You know- wilderness training could be absolutely magnificent.