BC EMR -> Alberta ACP Licensing

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
Must be Pt Px

Oh ok, thats what I thought, our EMT's here in TX can give Albuterol and Atrovent via neb without a Rx.

OP
OP
bcemr

bcemr

Forum Crew Member
It's almost a guarantee that I failed. A TON of the material was Alberta specific and related to patient confidentiality and what acts and laws to find certain cases, etc. I find out the results in 4-6 weeks but I am anticipating having to come back in January for a re-write.

Practical is tomorrow, I feel strong in that area though.

Jeff Mr T

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the PDF bcemr. I'm in your shoes, coming to ACP on May 4-6 with BC cert and no Alberta training :unsure: . This may be my best resource so far. Any suggestions for me?

How did the practical go?

OP
OP
bcemr

bcemr

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the PDF bcemr. I'm in your shoes, coming to ACP on May 4-6 with BC cert and no Alberta training :unsure: . This may be my best resource so far. Any suggestions for me?

How did the practical go?

Hey, glad it's helping people.

Suggestions: Calm down
How did it go: It was so easy it was a joke in retrospect and yes I did pass. :D

In reality, study AB safety protocols. I got something like a 20% on that section. Things like which emergency vehicles have the right of way. Or which parts of EMR rules are part of which Acts (laws) in Alberta.

It's been awhile since I wrote it so I can't remember any specific examples, sorry about that.

The scenario was the easiest part. They can tell if you're struggling and guide you through it. So long as you're not braindead, you will pass the scenario. Just take your time and SAY EVERYTHING out loud. EVERYTHING.

Good luck!

Jeff Mr T

Forum Ride Along
Safety protocols & stuff like Alberta Health Acts... ok. Say everything out loud... check. I'll make sure I do this when I go for testing. Thanks for the helpful hints!

Was that PDF you found worth printing/studying?

Glad you passed your exam too! :cool: