BC Ambulance Protest

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
BC Ambulance Protest

I know this is a global problem.. but this just goes to show why a provincial wide EMS system is horrible!. I know where I live we have no ALS car, for a city with a greater area pop. of roughly 110,000. With a big number of people >65 and over, and "95% of all code 3 calls being medical related".

BC Ambulance Stations... Poor conditions, lack of fundings
"For many communities in BC an ambulance station is not a necessity, it is a luxury."
"..the ambulance station is not much more than a canopy attached to a trailer..."
"...paramedics are stuffed into greasy old repair shop..."

So what do you guys think? Is it this bad where you guys are? I know this is, like I said, a global problem.. but when does this just become to much?
Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers! :D

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Hmmm, here our station is only a place to store the ambulances and supplies when they're not on shift. On shift, we use system status street corner posting. Yes, that means we spend all shift either in the ambulance or in homes/hospitals picking up and dropping off patients...

jochi1543

Forum Captain
I did a ride along at a rural station in BC, it was quite posh. I currently work as an EMR at a rural (VERYYYY rural) service in Alberta and our station is nowhere near as nice as that BC one was. However, I do have to say that the BC one I went to was on a major highway (BC-AB-SK), while ours is way out there.