Bay Area EMT Programs/schools

ProLogic

Forum Ride Along
Are there any reputable EMT programs/schools in the Bay Area? Feedback would be great, thanks.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
San Jose Mission College, has a Fire Fighter/EMT class if you wanna try that out. Also there's one in San Jose City College which is i'm doing and its really decent to me. There's also Santa Clara University but i believe thats a private school. Good Luck

OP
OP
P

ProLogic

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the reply. I did some more research and I think I'm going ahead and applying at the SFPA. San Francicsco is closer to where I live.. Thanks though!

OP
OP
P

ProLogic

Forum Ride Along
Why not City College SF?

You definitely can't beat the tuition rate for state colleges in California. It will also give you a chance to mingle with other students from different medical professions and you might even be encouraged to take a couple of college classes to prepare for the Paramedic level or whatever path you choose.

http://www.ccsf.edu/Departments/Health_PE/health_care_tech/pdf/EMT@JohnAdams.pdf

Thanks, I'll look into it. My ultimate plan is to become a Physicians Assistant.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
If you want to be a PA, start with taking college classes.

SFPA's EMT course is $1700 for only 150 hours of training!! $1700!!!

That is more than a graduate level course at a very good state college!

OP
OP
P

ProLogic

Forum Ride Along
If you want to be a PA, start with taking college classes.

SFPA's EMT course is $1700 for only 150 hours of training!! $1700!!!

That is more than a graduate level course at a very good state college!

Yes, I am currently enrolled in a community college and will be taking all educational requirements to apply for a P.A program. This is actually my first semester out of high school as well. The bad part about the community college that I'm enrolled in is that it doesn't offer a variety of programs like other schools do, despite being a main campus in its area.