Badges, patches etc

medicnick83

Forum Lieutenant
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm keen to start collecting 'badges' or 'patches' from EMS services the world over.

Any of you keen to share your EMS services badge with me?

People have asked me to try get some of the 'badges' for the EMS services we have here in ZA namely ER24, Netcare 911 or Metro EMS but whenever I enquire about getting the badges, the people shoot me down and say NO almost immediately. :(

Haha, I was wondering why you were saying Keen so much. And then I realized you are not American!

I will Patche trade with you, Let me just clear it through the powers that be seeing as I will have to take if off of one of last years uniform shirts.

Services and individuals are generally much more willing to swap patches, etc, if it's an even trade, and you send one of your own. Are you willing?

We're all nerds...

try state agencies; some might sell them online (but might actually require you to be certified in that state), Volly squads (might cause ya a buck)

Can be bought/found usually at trade shows, conferences, etc.

Haha, I was wondering why you were saying Keen so much. And then I realized you are not American!

I say keen...am I unamerican? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
try state agencies; some might sell them online (but might actually require you to be certified in that state), Volly squads (might cause ya a buck)

Can be bought/found usually at trade shows, conferences, etc.

I say keen...am I unamerican? :P

Depends on how you use it, we Americans do not speak English as properly as others

I know there is a website group that does this kinda thing.

Doing a quick Google search I didn't find anything but I've seen their site and their work. Its quite impressive really. Also, if you ever go to Disney in Orlando, FL the Firehouse on main street sells all kinds of Fire & EMS patches. Including certification patches. (NJ MICP) <-- Example

Doing a quick Google search I didn't find anything but I've seen their site and their work. Its quite impressive really. Also, if you ever go to Disney in Orlando, FL the Firehouse on main street sells all kinds of Fire & EMS patches. Including certification patches. (NJ MICP) <-- Example

I wonder who makes the profit off of those?

I've tried to find out where I can get the local patches made, but they say I must get permission from the necessaries.

When I did ask Netcare 911, they said NO.
Metro EMS are the same, they said NO too.

To have the badges made would cost a bit (R250 ± per initial design etc) and if I was to get caught doing it (making them without permission) I would get into huge trouble, so I can't really take the chance and do that.

So if anyone is willing to send me some patches, that would be great, if I can get some in the future, I'll return - doesn't hurt to ask I guess.

I'm a bit confused...
Disneyland is in Kissimmee, not Orlando.
Is this an actual OFD/OCFD firehouse, or some Disney thing?

Are we talking badges as in Patches or Shields?

I'd like to thank the 2 members of the forum who have offered to send me some of their service patches and stuff... really appreciate it. :) I will, if possible return badges in the future, If I can get some of the local services.

PM me your address, I have a bunch of old ones that I would be more than willing to send you.

Id love to but....

Id love to send you some patches from my service but my service destroyes them . They are very strict on patches.

Sent from my cell phone

Id love to send you some patches from my service but my service destroyes them . They are very strict on patches.

Sent from my cell phone

If you manage to wangle any BEFORE they destroy it, let me know please. :)

Hi all,

Since I started this thread, I've had a few guys offer to share some badges with me.

Just thought I'd share a picture of my collection.

Yes, It's tiny, but thanks to those who have helped, if anyone else is keen to share some badges with me, I'd love that - just PM me.

attachment.php

http://www.emtlife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=966&stc=1&d=1327341526

Attachments

• DSC00062.jpg
    DSC00062.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 414
Back