Bad EMS treatment on TV

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
you laugh I have seen this happen.......
paramedic no less

I've heard of much worse. Right here in my county too. Try dropping that same pt while you are lifting her by the extremities. :-S

Combat_Medic

Forum Crew Member
It was supposed to be top secret. I'm not sure how the developers of the video game Bad Company 2 found out about this but Army Medics actually run around with only defibs in there aid bags. Also the army's high speed heart paddle things seem to work on GSWs, being shot by a tank and falling 5 stories off a roof. Please don't let the bad guys know we have this.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
It was supposed to be top secret. I'm not sure how the developers of the video game Bad Company 2 found out about this but Army Medics actually run around with only defibs in there aid bags. Also the army's high speed heart paddle things seem to work on GSWs, being shot by a tank and falling 5 stories off a roof. Please don't let the bad guys know we have this.

Um, thats how it works. These aren't normal defibrillators. These are top secret level three army defibrillators. You must only be a level 1 combat medic or you would have heard of them.

Combat_Medic

Forum Crew Member
Anybody else notice the medic at the end of the new transformers movie. I thought the medic with the defib aid bag was crap but I guess that is higher than my pay grade. I guess that was the same as the bad company 2 defib. It works on tanks, GSWs, and high falls. I see it don't do crap when you get hit by a tansformer. Hope the North Koreans never invent transformers.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Anybody else notice the medic at the end of the new transformers movie. I thought the medic with the defib aid bag was crap but I guess that is higher than my pay grade. I guess that was the same as the bad company 2 defib. It works on tanks, GSWs, and high falls. I see it don't do crap when you get hit by a tansformer. Hope the North Koreans never invent transformers.

Yeah, I remember making a comment about that, but I don't recall exactly what the medic was doing. Oh well, it's a movie.

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member
The worst one I have ever seen was the AHA CPR video. It looked like it was produced by Lifetime with much worse actors/actresses. First off everyone starts dying at the hospital (lucky them). And everyone's "loved ones" are all calm. Even the mother with a dying baby is just standing there letting the nurses and doctors do their job.

Now I happend to catch Hawthorne (or something like that) while on shift and if I'm going into full arrest and I wake up, I hope it's her doing chest compressions becuase I'd like to come back from death with a hot chick in a low cut spaghetti strap bent over me.

Also does anyone watch "I shouldn't be alive"? One thing I notice about that show is half of the time the person is alive because there happend to be a bunch of doctors, paramedics, nurses, AF Pararescue Jumpers chilling in the middle of nowhere with a jump bag and IV fluids.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
The worst one I have ever seen was the AHA CPR video. It looked like it was produced by Lifetime with much worse actors/actresses. First off everyone starts dying at the hospital (lucky them). And everyone's "loved ones" are all calm. Even the mother with a dying baby is just standing there letting the nurses and doctors do their job.

Can't agree more! I have taught so many CPR classes where the students start laughing at the video. I had a doctor in my last class, and he was making fun of the doctors in the video.