Back at it again

OP
OP
Fire219man

Fire219man

Forum Crew Member
Class 9 this past Tuesday was our IV Therapy lab. Probably doesn't mean much to anyone, but it was a huge accomplishment for me on Tuesday. I was able to start the process of getting over my needle phobia. I had a successful IV started on me by another student, and I was able to get my first ever IV started on my instructor.

Lots of emotions going through my head while it was all happening. Sounds stupid to many I am sure, but just the fact that I was able to take what seems to others to be such a small step, is huge in my mind.

At the end of the evening, I am happy to report that nobody passed out during IV therapy. Everyone got a successful stick, and I for one become more comfortable with starting IV's. Sure need to keep up on the practice with those though. Sometimes you can hitem, some times it doesn't matter you won't get it.

Class 10 was yesterday(Thursday)

Last night was testing night. Both SQ,IM,IV Access,IV Med Administration, and IO skill stations were completed. Then there was our first test. About 50% of the test was fill in the blank. 30% was multiple choice, and the last 20% was Medical math.

I am thinking this test is going to weed the class out. Being that there was so many fill in the blank questions, some were struggling while taking it.

Class 11 will be on Tuesday.