Baby Girl

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
Hope you stop getting drunk and set a better example for the kid.

Are you insinuating he is an alcoholic that will continue to consume mass quantities of alcohol after the baby is born?

Apparently you, nor anyone in your immediate family has ever imbibed on alcohol. Must be a great view from your ivory tower, eh?

scottyb

Forum Crew Member
I drank a little too much when I found out my wife was pregnant. You know what, I haven't been drunk since. True, I may have a beer or two at night before bed when my daughter is asleep.

give the guy credit for having a little self control. Not everybody that consumes alcohol is an uncontrollable recluse. Some people's glass houses are gonna shatter soon if this keeps up.

medicp94dao

Forum Crew Member
Hope you stop getting drunk and set a better example for the kid.

Not trying to single anyone out..... but, lest ye who is free from sin cast the first stone....... i think i heard that in the bible. Look people make mistakes as we ALL have. He is celebrating that he is going to be a new father instead of rejoicing and congratulating him, you make him sound like a lush and a bad person for getting drunk and being human...... wow!!!! how does it feel to be perfect???

OP
OP
J

JB42

Forum Crew Member
Wow, haven't been back to this thread since I posted it.

Thanks for the congratulations from all who gave it. We can't wait for Lillian Grace to come into this world.:)

I just wanted to let all the perfect people know that while I did get drunk, I had a designated driver, and my DD was there for me and my friends. Sorry I don't fit in to your perfect world views. I guess having a full-time job in IT at 21 along with volunteering (uh oh, big bad word) anywhere between 18-30 hours a week as well as paying my bills on time and saving plenty for my child is negated by one night of celebration. I must be one irresponsible jack ***.:rolleyes:

Really, just get off your high horses.

VentMedic

Forum Chief

Some, including myself, were just going by the words you wrote.

All that was pointed out is the reality some in healthcare deal with when the word "baby" and "drunk as a skunk" are used together. Those words are a trigger when used together. Hopefully you will never see a baby that is intoxicated due to irresponsible parents. Babies that are born addicted to drugs or to mothers of alcoholics are no picnic either. Those of us who have seen the effects of alcohol and drugs on babies just have a protective reaction when those words are used.

Expect some criticism from others in your lifetime and deal with it.

Good luck the with new addition to your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

JB42

Forum Crew Member
I saw no criticism. I saw someone assuming they knew me and what I do and what type of father I will be. I can take criticism. Also, those of us includes myself. I know what it can do, I have seen what it can do. I do understand your position with being concerned though and I commend it.

Please, just refrain from assuming. Especially assuming that I am an alcoholic. Which I am most certainly not. Oh, and where did drugs come from? Because I got drunk in celebration I must do drugs and will get my child addicted to drugs?

Anyways, again, for those who were kind enough to not assume I am some useless lush, thanks for the congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:

medicp94dao

Forum Crew Member
by the way CONGRATS!!!!! I know you will be as good a father as you can be.... I am happy for you both. God Bless.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow, haven't been back to this thread since I posted it.

Thanks for the congratulations from all who gave it. We can't wait for Lillian Grace to come into this world.:)

I just wanted to let all the perfect people know that while I did get drunk, I had a designated driver, and my DD was there for me and my friends. Sorry I don't fit in to your perfect world views. I guess having a full-time job in IT at 21 along with volunteering (uh oh, big bad word) anywhere between 18-30 hours a week as well as paying my bills on time and saving plenty for my child is negated by one night of celebration. I must be one irresponsible jack ***.:rolleyes:

Beautiful name!!! My second child's middle name is Grace. I'm a bit partial. :p