AtlantiCare MICU Paramedics....25 years of saving lives.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
This is something that I am especially proud of, since I am an AtlantiCare Paramedic Trainee.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/181/story/353206.html
AtlantiCare paramedic unit a far cry from its low-tech beginnings 25 years ago
By RICHARD DEGENER Staff Writer, 609-463-6711
Published: Monday, December 22, 2008

MIDDLE TOWNSHIP - Jim Cline jokes he's such an old paramedic, he sometimes has to call the paramedics.

It's actually true. Cline, 71, of Cape May Court House, needed his colleagues when he had a heart problem that required open-heart surgery. He was happy to have them.

Cline remembers what he calls the old "swoop and scoop" days when the goal in a medical emergency was to pick up the patient and get to the hospital as quickly as possible. Emergency medical technicians, or EMTs, can stop the bleeding, set a broken bone, supply oxygen and conduct other basic life-support care.

Paramedics, on the other hand, have much more training and can supply what is known as "advanced life-support care." They can administer about 60 different medicines, perform electrocardiograms, or EKGs, and supply intravenous fluids. Paramedics basically bring the emergency room to the patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Awesome!!! Keep up the tradition BLS BOY!!:)

Woops!!! * double post..... Blush!:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

ambman142

Forum Ride Along
Hey AJ!! Glad to know that someone else is pyched to be part of the Atlanticare team!! One of the best places I have ever worked and I have seen many ambulance/ EMS systems come & go over the last 25 -30 years.

OP
OP
BLSBoy

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Ambman, ya working for us now?

Good to have a fellow AtlantiCare employee here!

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
I dont work for AtlantiCare but at the hospital, my Clinical Coordinator used to work there and supposedly for a while. Congrats guys on the achievement especially in our state.

djmedic913

Forum Lieutenant
Hey AJ!! Glad to know that someone else is pyched to be part of the Atlanticare team!! One of the best places I have ever worked and I have seen many ambulance/ EMS systems come & go over the last 25 -30 years.

So what is so great about Atlanticare? where else in NJ have you worked?