Associates in Paramedic Technology equiv. to EMT P?

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
http://www.necc.mass.edu/docs/pod/pod_paramedic.pdf

So after I get my EMT-B, I plan to get my paramedic. The associates and certificate program is called Paramedic Technology. I figured it would be what you need for your paramedic because the description in the link above said it is paramedic education, and you can take your NREMT-P with it as well. Anyways, I talked to a friend who is an EMT-B, and he had said that it usually is for more of business type work for working with actual paramedic machines but the link above says its valid for emt paramedic. Any opinion on this would be appreciated and I would think its what I would need for my paramedic. So please do though look at the link because I an probably confused about it. :rolleyes: Thanks

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Did you try calling the school?

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have not. I might do that or email them just to ask them as well. Thanks.

NP. I would look at the site, but for whatever reason its not coming up on my phone.

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
NP. I would look at the site, but for whatever reason its not coming up on my phone.

Thats alright. I'll probably look it up later. I also first learned about the program in the schools monthly magazine and the cover was called "Paramedic program key to being a firefighter" or something of that sort and the interview was with a kid from Ayer, Mass. who was already an EMT-B and from there was in the process getting the paramedic cert and associates so I would think its just that what I need. Also, I looked at the local ambulance service website and a DESIRED qualification for medics is a paramedic associate so I would think anyway its hirable.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
http://www.necc.mass.edu/docs/pod/pod_paramedic.pdf

So after I get my EMT-B, I plan to get my paramedic. The associates and certificate program is called Paramedic Technology. I figured it would be what you need for your paramedic because the description in the link above said it is paramedic education, and you can take your NREMT-P with it as well. Anyways, I talked to a friend who is an EMT-B, and he had said that it usually is for more of business type work for working with actual paramedic machines but the link above says its valid for emt paramedic. Any opinion on this would be appreciated and I would think its what I would need for my paramedic. So please do though look at the link because I an probably confused about it. :rolleyes: Thanks

The Associates program looks like the better deal because it includes actual college level A&P classes. This is not a business degree because it offer no classes in accounting or management. This is what an entry level program should look like with maybe a few additional college classes included. The cert part seems a little lean but then most cert programs in the U.S. are for Paramedic.

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah man thanks. Thats what I thought. I can't wait to get started with it. Should be a blast.