asking for advice/help nyc area and orlando fl area

emt_irl

Forum Captain
howdy all..

will be taking 2 weeks holidays in june and im heading over to new york city and then down to orlando florida.

id love to visit a fire house when im over in nyc and dare i say it and be so cheesy, but can you buy fdny t shirts or jumpers or do you actually have to be fire fighter to get one?

any tips and advice welcome.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
can you buy fdny t shirts or jumpers or do you actually have to be fire fighter to get one?

any tips and advice welcome.

I can't speak specifically for a particular department, but I'll bet bringing patches and shirts from the Emerald Isles would be some pretty tasty trading bait...

OP
OP
E

emt_irl

Forum Captain
thanks for the reply..

i wasnt sure but thought they had some sort of fire service museum etc where you could buy one also!

dmc2007

Forum Captain
You can buy unofficial FDNY/NYPD gear on every street corner/souvenir shop. You can get official stuff from the fire museum.

As for visiting a fire house, I've heard that FDNY is very receptive to having visitors who are firefighters and/or Paramedics from other parts of the country/world. I'd agree that brining patches/shirts would make you very popular.

OP
OP
E

emt_irl

Forum Captain
id rather buy official at least the money is going to a good place. where abouts is the museum? im a few blocks east of times square, well i will be

dmc2007

Forum Captain
id rather buy official at least the money is going to a good place. where abouts is the museum? im a few blocks east of times square, well i will be

The website:
www.nycfiremuseum.org

The museum is located on Spring Street. Your best bet is probably to walk to the Port Authority Bus Terminal (a couple of blocks west of Times Square) then take the C or E train to the Spring Street stop (the museum is a couple of blocks west of the station).