Article: What it Looks Like: Cardiac Arrest by EMS 12-Lead

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Very, very good compilation of videos. I've seen most of them before just from being bored on youtube, but they are still worth another watch. Some questions.

2nd video - I was under the impression that agonal breathing was generally < 6 respirations per minute. How "abnormal" is it for agonal respirations to be at such a high rate? Also, she spontaneously converted from an agonal rhythm to no normal sinus. How does that work...?

Thanks again for the link. Will check out the rest of that website sometime as well.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
2nd video - I was under the impression that agonal breathing was generally < 6 respirations per minute. How "abnormal" is it for agonal respirations to be at such a high rate? Also, she spontaneously converted from an agonal rhythm to no normal sinus. How does that work...?
I've never had anyone in asystole with that high of an agonal rate, but I've had VF arrests with early CPR experience normal respiratory rates. The pattern/depth was not normal, but they were certainly breathing 12-20 times per minute.