Are Paramedics and EMTs certification reciprocity this impacted?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Impacted, as in the type we digitally reduce?;)

I looked into the Burning Man gig. To get permission from Nevada to use my California license there, I need the following:
1. Verification from the source, to them, that I passed nursing college.
2. The specific date I passed the NCLEX (month and year alone don't count). That turns out to have to be sent by the NCLEX folks at the requst of the recipient, not me.
3. Fingerprints (again). I can get the two cards in the mail, have (??) a law enforcement agency print me and they send it to Nevada, where it make take up to 4 months or longer to process. Or I can drive to Nevada and get Livescanned.

The other joker is that this is for a 6 month temp endorsement; I will then either get and pay for a permanent license, or be unable to get anther temp license again.

In short, and in addition to things like fuel, food, maybe lodging, I'd need at the very least twenty hours' work, before taxes, to break even. On top of that, with possible delays in getting all the verifications and fingerprints, I could actually miss the start date anyway.

Do you have these sorts of hoops to jump through?

tired-donkey.jpg

MediMike

Forum Lieutenant
Hahaha...I filled out the app, then got a giant list of other paperwork requirements, and said screw it. I feel your pain man.

m0nster986

B.S, Paramedic, FF
I am in the same boat... one hoop after another after another after another... I am surprised I am still sane!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Too bad Nevada is not part of the nurse license compact. That would be too easy

Do they require proof of ER and ICU hours for RNs?

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Dunno, not reaching that high. I think it is to protect Nevada RN's from Callif RN's living in Tahoe and driving over to poach jobs.

Milla3P

Forum Lieutenant
I've looked into it briefly in the past. Really looks like it would be easier to get a reciprocal EMS ticket if you still have one.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

If they will spin it back to 1984 I'd be in like Flint.

MagicTyler

Forum Lieutenant
Come volunteer with Emergency Services Department! You dont need a NV cert to work with us. You get a free or staff rate ticket depending on how many shifts you take.

http://911.burningman.com/