Applications/Resumes/Cover Letters/Letters of Recommendations/ETC

makphisto

Forum Crew Member
There's this city EMS job for which I want to apply. The website description for the job says to apply "Fill out this application and mail it in, or apply in person".

SO, here's my question. Do I mail in JUST the application, per their instructions? Should I also include a resume? What about a cover letter? What about these letters of recommendation I have?

My wife says I should follow their instruction to the letter and just send in the application. But I have a co-worker that thinks I should send it everything I have.

What are your thoughts?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
A cover letter is appropriate, but should be short and to the point. As far as letters of recommendation, put on the resume, Letters of Recommendation available upon request. It tells the initial recepient that you have them but doesn't give them extra paper to mess with.

Scout

Para-Noid
To my if someone does a cover letter it shows they want the job enough to put in a little effort.

Also depending on what is asked for on the application a CV may be called for, although most of your CV should fit on the app,

just say references available

OP
OP
makphisto

makphisto

Forum Crew Member
The application is pretty thorough, and a resume (CV) would just duplicate it, so yeah, there's no real reason to include it.