Application

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
On my application should I include my employment with an ambulance company that ended with me being let go? If you need details of what happened just look at my thread precepting. I think I should but then it makes me think they might not even bother interviewing me because I was let go and there will not be enough space to explain on an application. Also, if you say I should include it, where it says can we contact this employer do I say yes or no? If a put no I feel like it make it look like I’m trying to hide something, which I'm not but I if they do call from what happened, it doesn’t seem like the company will say good things.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Always be honest on your application. Omitting/lying on the application is usually grounds for termination when (I say when, not if. It only takes a slip of the tongue for someone to find out) they find out.

As for what to put about contacting them, I'd put: Will discuss. It shows you're not trying to hide anything, but want the chance to speak with them before they do.

DitchDoctorGabe

Forum Probie
I have to agree with HotelCo, just be honest and "will discuss." If you have a gap showing in your employment that brings up a red flag and if during an interview one finds out that it was omitted it will make you look bad. Things happen to the best of us so try not to sweat the small stuff.

OP
OP
M

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
Alright, that what I thought, I just wanted to make sure because my mom questioned if it was a good idea to put it down. Just one more question should I bother even filling out the info like I am not sure about who my supervisor was because I was moved around to different bases, should I just leave the blank? Oh, also for the phone number should I just put the generic number that leads to dispatch? Sorry, I put to much thought into these kind of things. If any of this comes off as incoherent I didn't get much sleep last night. Thank you for your responses.

DitchDoctorGabe

Forum Probie
Don't worry I'm sure everyone on here has had their share of sleepless nights. As far as the supervisor goes, put the one for the station you were at the most would work. I think the generic number is alright but if they have a business number that would probably be your best bet.