Apparently I wasn't a student?

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
I applied on the NREMT site a few weeks back to try and take my NREMT and forgot about it but remembered to check on it today. Everything went through as passed, except for the course completion verification. I get:

"When you filled out this online application, the Initial Training Program you chose was Tanana Valley Campus (254-AK), but the Program Director has marked you as Not Our Student during their electronic verification of Course Completion. If this indeed is your Training Program, please contact the Program Director directly PRIOR to resubmitting your application to the same program."

Well, that is indeed my program, so I called the registrar to make sure that I was supposed to enter TVC instead of UAF and she said yes, that I was set up as at TVC. I gave her my university student ID and she said that I AM a student (gee, ya think?) and she has no idea what's goin on. So I left a voicemail with her boss, to give me a call back.

GAHHHHHHHH All I want to do is take the NREMT. I live in the state that I plan on working in, and that I am certified in, but it would be so much nicer to have a National Cert over the state one.

OP
OP
lipglossed

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
I tried to edit the above post, but I was past the 15 minutes. Sorry :-(

How can they have me down as "Practical Skills Verification: Practical Skills Verified" ... yet I "wasn't a student"? Do they think I just showed up in a random building, and decided to take, and then proceed to pass, a EMT practial exams? Thats what I do in my spare time...

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Most likely a typo when the instructor was going over the list. A box that was checked got accidently unchecked or something else equally easy to do and to correct. You don't need to justify your attendance in and passing of the class, just ask the instructor to recheck your status and then things should be fine.

There's plenty of other things to stress about, like will you pass, when will you hear that you passed, when will your card arrive, when will you find a job, how much will it pay.....:p

OP
OP
lipglossed

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
I called the Program Director and he said when he got the request he denied it because he didnt recognize my name. He didn't have the roster from my class, but I submitted it again, and then he apporved it while I was on the phone with him. PHEW!

Now all I need to do is come up with the $70 application fee. :glare:

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Good to hear he got it all worked out, but that is rather weird that he would reject someone because he didn't have a roster nearby.

OP
OP
lipglossed

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
I'm just happy it's figured out! But I might not get to take the test until August, he said the testing center in Fairbanks isnt open in the summer, and he doesn't know if the one in Anchorage is. But that'll give me extra time to study!