App suggestions

Medic2891

Forum Probie
Hey all, I am going to be getting an Android based phone later this month and was wondering if there are any good EMS Apps for it? I currently have all of my EMS apps on my iTouch, but would be willing to move them all to my phone if I can find similar or better ones. Thanks for the input.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
I recently purchased a android based phone its ridiculous (in a good way), I have seen a few medical apps in the android market such as field guides, medication refrences and EKG guides, I believe its just a matter of time before its flooded with EMS apps. I think there are other markets available for software but I am still pretty new to android.

I not sure how in depth they are, I dont own any.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Epocrates is good, Skyscape has a great med calculator (all sorts of different ones), Informed just released their EMS field guide apps for Android, Google Translate is pretty nifty as well.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
While sorta on the same topic, can anyone reccomend any good Iphone/Ipad EMS apps?

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
As for the iPhone, again the Epocrates (Epocrates, by Epocrates, free) is nice to have. There's something from the AHA (indirectly) that covers CPR (Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association, by Jive Media LLC, $3.99). There's a Medical Calculator (Medical Calculator, by Keaka Jackson, $0.99), with a long list of things it helps you calculate (on the iTunes Store, make sure you click the "More" link to see the list).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Informed also has their guides in the iTunes store.