anyone work for AMR San Antonio?

surname_levi

Forum Crew Member
i landed a job @ AMR in San Antonio. i start orientations and that on the 21st and just seeing if there are any others who work for the area

TXMEDIC5317

Forum Crew Member
Work for them in Austin. Both Austin and San Antonio are in the "south Texas ops". Ran by the same ops director, who does not care for anyone but himself. He will lie to your face with a big fat smile. :D

Other than the idiot running the show, San Antonio is mostly IFT. They do run 911 for 2 military bases, you post at a gas station near the main entrances and respond from there. They also do whats call "flight line" at Randolph Air Force Base. Military planes bring in soldiers from overseas and you transport them to BAMC. Not sure about their shifts, Austin is 12's and 8's. They just took over Frio County 911 last month.

FNGperpetual

Forum Crew Member
Great, thanks for the info. I'm so looking to start 911. But, do you know if frio coundy will do 24 hr shift? And, what sort of call call volume they get for 911 san Antonio base camps?

TXMEDIC5317

Forum Crew Member
Frio ops will be 24hr shifts, call volume around 3-4 per truck. There are 3 ALS trucks on, and looking to add a CCT truck for nursing home to ER calls. Not sure about the call volume for the bases.