Anyone watch Cops tonight?

Hockey

Quackers
Anyone see the one where the guy was fleeing from police and wrecked and rolled over hanging half hanging out of the vehicle? Then the police got together and rolled the vehicle from its side back to right side up? With the semi-conscious guy still inside the car?

I stopped up here at the local EMS base to see a few friends that were working and was watching Cops and even I seriously cringed seeing them do that! Then they yanked him out of the car and dragged him on the cement.

The one officer said they rolled the car over because it was "smoking"....

Once I find the video or its uploaded to Hulu I'll post it

For those who watched it today, I'm sure you understand ;)

artman17847

Forum Crew Member
lol i was watching too. I could not believe my eyes! high speed roll over with an unconscious pt hanging out the window and they decide the best thing to do is throw the suv upright with the guy just hanging there and then drag him out and cuff him. I guess they cleared his c-spine! hey guys if there is no flames WAIT for fire and EMS please!

Foxbat

Forum Captain
There are many videos of police chases ending in violent crashes. Often police drags the bad guy out and cuffs him no matter what shape he is in.
IMHO their first priority in this situation is to take the bad guy under control, not to care about his c-spine. I don't have a problem with that - police is not EMS. If you care about your health, don't run from cops.
If they truly did that because they thought it was better for him, yep, that's not good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Person fleeing from police =/= everyday civilian in a car accident. They are dangerous people who need to be taken control of quickly, ALOC or not.

You will never see an officer do the same thing to an average, everyday accident victim.

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
Person fleeing from police =/= everyday civilian in a car accident. They are dangerous people who need to be taken control of quickly, ALOC or not.

You will never see an officer do the same thing to an average, everyday accident victim.

Of course, but it was just crazy seeing 8-10 officers line up, and push the vehicle upright.

Officer safety is #1.

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
2124a1d.jpg

I know there was more then what was shown so lets not MMQB as much as some of us want to. None of us were there ;)

EPISODE #2124

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I kinda lol'd at the cop walking around with a pocket mask.

"Woot! I get to use my MFR training!"

phabib

Forum Lieutenant
Almost as bad as the OC rescue show on True TV. This is how they board every single person:

1. Hold c-spine (so far so good)
2. Ask patient to sit up (what the hell?)
3. Put on collar (well, at least they remember that)
4. Ask patient to stand up (oh yeah, these guys are pros)
5. Place board behind patient
6. lay the patient down by having them lean back on the board then laying it down.
7. Strap patient in.

I repeat, It's done for every conscious patient where c-spine is called for.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Me too. Seeing the people on there make me realize that despite some setbacks, I'm not actually doing all that bad. ;)

I know eh?? Like a weekly reality check for me.. to help me realize that I got it pretty good.. well my job also helps me do that too I guess lol.

Kookaburra

Forum Lieutenant
Ha ha, it's like, I may have tons of college debt, a useless degree, one more year of school, and be living with my folks, but at least I'm not on national television in my underwear screaming at the officers who are taking my babydaddy away for getting in a drunken argument with the next apartment over who's children left the bigwheel in the driveway.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Anyone see the one where the guy was fleeing from police and wrecked and rolled over hanging half hanging out of the vehicle? Then the police got together and rolled the vehicle from its side back to right side up? With the semi-conscious guy still inside the car?

It was the best moment of the day; especially since that white, vaporous stuff emiting from the car looked suspiciously like steam from a fractured cooling system, not smoke. I'm just wondering how many calls the guy is going to get from the PI lawyers who happened to watch.

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
Ha ha, it's like, I may have tons of college debt, a useless degree, one more year of school, and be living with my folks, but at least I'm not on national television in my underwear screaming at the officers who are taking my babydaddy away for getting in a drunken argument with the next apartment over who's children left the bigwheel in the driveway.

oh man what a quote! You summed it up right there

Kookaburra

Forum Lieutenant
Awesome, thanks VentMedic!

The father of a guy in my EMT-B class was one of the original cameramen on that show...he had some crazy stories.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Awesome, thanks VentMedic!

The father of a guy in my EMT-B class was one of the original cameramen on that show...he had some crazy stories.

I got to see the very first episode being filmed in Ft. Lauderdale. We all had our opinions, most not flattering, at that time about the show and the way it was initially being presented. The sheriff for the Broward Sheriff's Office at that time was very controversial and loved headlines about himself.

FTRPO

Forum Crew Member
Comical

That was absolutely hilarious. Thanks for the entertainment.