Anyone use the Critical App?

NJEMT95

Forum Lieutenant
No matter how good an app is, it is no replacement for keeping up with your skills and protocols. If you need an app to provide adequate patient care, you need to refresh your skills or find a new job. Imagine the patients seeing you take out your phone to find out how to care for them. Maybe this app would be useful to review while off duty or between calls, but if I was the patient, I'd be as nervous as I was when I saw the pilot of a small plane reading its manual before taking off.

Just my $0.02 - didn't mean to single you out for asking for some advice.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know about that: I have flown alot, from small to DC-10 planes and I get nervous if the pilots don't get out their Checklist before and during flights. which is a version of a manual.

I have told patients that I need to check the exact treatment protocol for the medication that they need; and never had one get upset about it.,

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
No matter how good an app is, it is no replacement for keeping up with your skills and protocols. If you need an app to provide adequate patient care, you need to refresh your skills or find a new job. Imagine the patients seeing you take out your phone to find out how to care for them. Maybe this app would be useful to review while off duty or between calls, but if I was the patient, I'd be as nervous as I was when I saw the pilot of a small plane reading its manual before taking off.

Just my $0.02 - didn't mean to single you out for asking for some advice.

Checklist use is enforced religiously in most aviation settings.

I don't use this app, but I use iResq a lot. Like nearly every day I'm on the truck. "I'm pretty sure" is not good enough in the CCT environment.