anyone know anything about EMSA??

lakersmedic

Forum Probie
I am looking for any info on EMSA. What kind of company is it? How do they treat their people? What is the pay scale? What kind of hours do they work? If anyone has any info it would be appreciated! Thanks.

atropine

Forum Captain
They are an okay company, very liberal with thier protocols, some Ricks, but the money was okay, at least when I was there (Tulsa), lots of OT, and bonus money.

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
I heard a talk from their rep. Seemed like a pretty solid company, but I only have Los Angeles EMT companies to compare it too which don't have the best rep...

It seemed like they had good resources/equipment, decent protocols, were really into the whole EMS thing (rather than just making money). But that was just based off that one rep.

FlightMedicHunter

Forum Crew Member
I must walk a fine line here...

I have worked in OKC and Tulsa. They are both the same EMS system. Anyway, I have worked in the busiest part of Florida as well. I can assure you that you will gain invaluable experience working at EMSA. They are very busy and cover a HUGE geographical area, especially in OKC. Protocols are nothing special. Maybe just a hair on the liberal side. Pay and benefits are average.

They are a private for-profit company.

Most importantly though, you must realize that they do not have any official career ladder which means that do not have any requirements for promotion. Basically, management personnel are not necessarily more educated than those they are managing. I'll leave it up to others on this forum that can advise you of what type of work environment this can lead to. Hope this helps....;)

OP
OP
L

lakersmedic

Forum Probie
Thanks for all the info guys I appreciate it. I am just keeping my options open in this paramedic field. I work in a very busy area of Milwaukee. I am looking to go to the south and look for better opportunities. If anyone knows of a place in the south that is a good place to work with a solid reputation please let me know. Thanks again!

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
but I only have Los Angeles EMT companies to compare it too which don't have the best rep....

You mean like that one my buddy works for where some of the drivers have expired ADLs and one drinks out of a hip flask? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator: