Anyone in the SF Bay Area?

OP
OP
A

amonteve

Forum Probie
I interviewed and rode-along at Silicon Valley yesterday. Just waiting to hear if I got the job.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
hahaha you must have been there close to the same time as me I did my ride along for them last month, and i interviewed at Silicon Valley Yesterday too. They said I would find out by Friday, so I guess that means ill find out later today, its a small world

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
same to you, you know much about them beyond the ride along you did, ive been trying to find more info on them.

OP
OP
A

amonteve

Forum Probie
Not too much more than I know about other places. The difference was that I heard from a couple people that they were a good place to work for. Everyone was cool. I just wish the main station was closer rather than the Cupertino station.
What time was your interview? By "yesterday do you mean 4/18 or 4/17 (it's 2am right now but to me yesterday is still 4/17 since i haven't gone to bed).

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
by yesterday I mean the 16th, I interview last wensday afternoon. For me they are one of the closest companies next to the westmed in sunnyvale, but they seem to be pretty hard to get any definate info out of and bad at returning calls. yeah people seem to like it there all ive heard is they are understaffed (which i guess is why they are hiring more, lol) they seemed pretty chill on the ride along.

OP
OP
A

amonteve

Forum Probie
Yeah, it took me a while to get a call back too (about a month from my application). But the first time I called I got someone to talk to me and they answered my questions. Also, at the end of my interview they let me ask questions about them. When I arrived and said I was there for an interview the lady at the desk asked if I was someone else. I guess that might have been you. Westmed is really close to me too. I've done a ride-along with them as well and they were great but I enjoyed my SVA ride more. I like the shifts SVA has too. They said they start you at part time but you can usually pick up several more shifts per pay period.

Markhk

Forum Lieutenant
My medic class had two EMTs from Pro-Transport. Based in Alameda county, I think. Anyway, they are known for having good rigs and new equipment, but primarily are IFT based, including some very long IFT transfers. I think they have a CCT program too which is good. The EMTs were telling me that Pro-Transport has an ALS contract up in Washington or something. Company has a good reputation out there.

SVA and Westmed both have decent reputations, but Westmed is more kind of known for their Monterey ALS contract and how it's not doing so hot. I'm not sure what conclusions can be drawn from the Monterey situation.

Everyone needs to start somewhere, though. Good luck to you all.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, it took me a while to get a call back too (about a month from my application). But the first time I called I got someone to talk to me and they answered my questions. Also, at the end of my interview they let me ask questions about them. When I arrived and said I was there for an interview the lady at the desk asked if I was someone else. I guess that might have been you. Westmed is really close to me too. I've done a ride-along with them as well and they were great but I enjoyed my SVA ride more. I like the shifts SVA has too. They said they start you at part time but you can usually pick up several more shifts per pay period.

Did you hear back from SVA yet?