Anyone from New York???

Jenny

Forum Ride Along
Hello,

I would like to know if someone can advise me on which are the best EMS private company's to work for in New York.

Thanks,

Jenny

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
City or State?

OP
OP
J

Jenny

Forum Ride Along
New York City.

New york city :)

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
A guy from my emt class is going to college in Rochester and planning on working there.

Rob123

Forum Crew Member
I may not be able to truly answer you but in my Volunteer Corps in NYC, I work with career EMTs and Paramedics. (My paying job is not in EMS.)
Everyone complains about their respective companies. Every likes and hates different things.
Best is very subjective.

My favorite story is when three members of my crew were all complaining about the type of calls they get at their respective jobs.
One was "bored" of the Slip/Fall and medical issues of his aging community
The other was "overwhelmed" by the number of MVA/GSW/Stabbings of his inner city area.
The third was "stuck" with non-emergency transports wishing he could get into the "911 system".

Three people. Three different companies. Three different answers.

Specific questions like "Which companies pay the most?" or even "Why would you recommend the company that you work for?" may solicit better responses.

Good Luck

firecoins

IFT Puppet
City or State?

She has the Bronx as her location......;)

If you live in the Bronx....Transcare. It isn't the best company but its a start. 6 months of transports and than you can ride 911.

Senior Care only does transport. Nothing wrong with that.

Empress if your willing to go up to Yonkers. You get to do both 911 and transport but ig your an EMT-B....you'l be doing mostly transports.

FDNY just got a pay raise. Its certaily a good place to work publically.

I am not sure about voluntaries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiberius

Forum Crew Member
Yep...I agree with that assessment...either try to get on with FDNY, or Transcare. With Transcare, you'll get the 'best of both worlds'. It has been said that it may be best to roll with the privates to get some experience (though that may not apply to everyone, but that was the career path I wound up on and it worked well for me), then try to get on with some of the voluntary hospitals. Some hospitals require more experience than others. FDNY may take you straight on; you'll have to go through their testing process and attend their academy, and the benefits are top-notch.

Good luck and hope all works out well!

Nocturnal_EMT

Forum Probie
Hello,

I would like to know if someone can advise me on which are the best EMS private company's to work for in New York.

Thanks,

Jenny

Life star is a good company to work for...
The pay is the highest I have seen for newbies, 12$ an hour, medical and dental after 2 months, and the best of all the union!
I see you are in the Bronx, Life star is located in Holtsville but they have trucks posted at Winthrop and South Nassau hospital if you can make it out there.