anybody see the advertisements for 'the moment of truth' on fox

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Good point.

They mentioned his name at the beginning. I looked at the NREMT website and he is not on there. They could've changed his name though...

That erally doesn't mean anything, alot of the emt's I work with aren't NR

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
That erally doesn't mean anything, alot of the emt's I work with aren't NR

but usually thats cause they get grandfathered in, that or they work in the few remaining counties that done require it.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Requirements to be nationally registered vary from area to area. In Indiana, you do not have to be nationally registered as a basic. The state does it's own testing at that level. At the medic level, Indiana does use the NR for initial certification. If you can't pass the NR test, you do not get your IN cert. However, when it is time to recertify, you do not have to maintain the NR.

LincNebr

Forum Probie
Lot's to think about...

I think most people trust EMT's but it is important that we police ourselves.

My whole life has not been one of total honesty, but I am always trying to get better. When we became EMT's (I believe) we say that we will be honest, trustworthy, people of integrity, and all of those good things. Some might use their EMT status as a platform to do whatever they want.

We can't control how games show portray us. We can work to make sure that we surround ourselves with people that do not cheat in order to get ahead. Looking the other way or covering for someone is thought by some as being what people on a team should do for others that are doing wrong. That's really not the way I want to go... or be remembered when I am gone.
Your mileage may vary....

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't think the issue is primarily one of honesty, but the EMT in question's willingness to trade public display of his dishonesty for 15 minutes of fame. Surely he (or she, I didn't see it and don't know) was aware of the nature of the program. Probably was paid for his time as well as the notoriety associated with a national TV appearance. It's a shame the EMT didn't want that recognition for something he/she did right.

MedicMan13

Forum Ride Along
To be clear...

I was fired for bad publicity. I never did anything wrong. I was raised to tell the truth and believed the show would help me pay my schooling. I think exploding colostomy bags on patients that can't fit on a normal Stryker gurney are repulsive. I've dated girls that weighed more than me. I have never once touched or even looked at a female patient inappropriately. The succeeded in feeding the ability of humans to judge one another based off of manipulated truths.

As far as falsifying documents, anyone in the medical field knows we can't possibly write down everything. I never omitted important information, however, my company REQUIRED a minimum of 3 sets of vitals on even patient shuffles across the street. I only falsified (educatively guessed) times and vitals.

I studied lie detectors, how they work, and the best tricks to beat them. I walked away with 100k. Although half the nation shunned me, I won. I leave for medical school very soon...with money to help pay for it. We do what we have to.