any suggestions on how to get emt-b jobs in fl.

Maryjgregory

Forum Ride Along
Hello! I am an EMT-B and am trying to get my first job with an ambulance co. I finished school a year ago in Los Angeles but have relocated to Florida and am not having much luck getting my foot in the door here in tampa, fl. I have been sending out resumes and apps for over a month. I am pretty much looking all over Florida at this point. I had an interview at Americare a week and a half ago, and am still waiting for a call back. I thought it went good. They just had to run my driving record check (which is great) and they said they would call me soon. Nothing. I just don't know if maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. Should I show up with my resume instead of sending it online? Any suggestions?
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mary

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It's always better to show up with a resume in person then doing it online, as doing it online is just impersonal.

You should call Americare back yourself. Some businesses gauge peoples willingness to work for them by if the person calls the company back themselves. And some just forget completely because they are busy.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm assuming you are over 21 right?

OP
OP
M

Maryjgregory

Forum Ride Along
Even if I'm not sure if they are hiring, should I just show up with a resume? How do people typically find an emt job?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

Maryjgregory

Forum Ride Along
I have looked at AMR online. They are not hiring in my area. Should I just look up the address and show up with a resume? Is that standard procedure?
????????????
Any help is much appreciated.