Any Suggestions for pre-EMTB reading or coursework?

tcd

Forum Probie
Hi All,

So I'm working on my application for the spring semester EMT-B program but still have a few more items to track down related to immunizations. If the slots fill up before I get everything in I'd still like to spend the semester productively. I figure I could start reading ahead or perhaps enroll in a course such medical terminology, anatomy & physiology or pharmacology.

Of the three courses listed above, what would you all recommend as the most helpful to take in advance of the EMT-B program? Or should I just study up on my own with an EMT-B text?

Thanks,

- T

sir.shocksalot

Forum Captain
This has been discussed extensively on this forum. The standard answers are anatomy and physiology, then some will add courses like microbiology, pharm, chemistry etc.
My suggestion is, if you want to be a medic, start taking anatomy and physiology now, it is by far the most useful but under-studied subject by paramedics. Also, if you eventually want to leave EMS, every medical profession out there requires a year of college level A+P so you might as well get it done now.

Niccigsu

Forum Crew Member
A & P is a definite if its not something your already comfortable with. You gotta understand how things work in order to grasp whats going wrong.