Any New Hampshire Providers?

EMS Patient Care Advocate

Forum Lieutenant
Just looking to discuss the new protocols for no surgical/needle airways and the new transfer protocols that just went into effect sept. 1st

OP
OP
E

Forum Lieutenant
Close... but no cigar... Maine EMT-I.....

I also work in maine. The new 2011 protocols for Maine dont seem to be looking too bad except for all the errors. Anything in Maine you dislike? How do you feel about the fact they just took intubation away from EMT-I in Maine with this recent change?

mcdonl

Forum Captain
I also work in maine. The new 2011 protocols for Maine dont seem to be looking too bad except for all the errors. Anything in Maine you dislike? How do you feel about the fact they just took intubation away from EMT-I in Maine with this recent change?

It doesnt bother me... in my particular situation we have a few medics who live in town so during volly shifts I have access to a medic if I need one, and during the day we are perdiems one medic and one intermediate/basic. Besides I prefer combi-tubes anyway.

I do like that they added the "Intermediate in conjunction with OLMC can alter paramedic response" to a lot more areas of the protocol. For cardiac, I doubt I would regardless as I like to have a medic onboard for confirmed cardiac related chest pain but for a lot of other areas of our protocol it is nice to have the flexibility as it allows us to leave our medic in-town as we transport to MMC.

OP
OP
E

Forum Lieutenant
It doesnt bother me... in my particular situation we have a few medics who live in town so during volly shifts I have access to a medic if I need one, and during the day we are perdiems one medic and one intermediate/basic. Besides I prefer combi-tubes anyway.

I do like that they added the "Intermediate in conjunction with OLMC can alter paramedic response" to a lot more areas of the protocol. For cardiac, I doubt I would regardless as I like to have a medic onboard for confirmed cardiac related chest pain but for a lot of other areas of our protocol it is nice to have the flexibility as it allows us to leave our medic in-town as we transport to MMC.

That sounds great. Yes Intermediates can provide a wonderful level of care. Have you tried the KING over the combi-tube at all?

OP
OP
E

Forum Lieutenant
Once in class, but we were mostly trained on combi-tube and that is what we carry.

I fell in love with it. I did the CEH training for one of my services and we now carry it. They also come in various sizes. Very nice when ETT is not an option. They are a great tool. Of course this IS only my opinion. I have no ties to the product to anything weird.