any info on Rural/Metro?

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
I am interviewing for my first EMT job and would like a little info on how well the company is to work for. I'm going to try and stop and talk with a few employees but was hoping people here may work for, or know of how they are to work for. Its only going to be part time (but that's what I wanted).

Any keys on what to look for or ask about? I took a tour of the facility and it looked pretty decent.

http://www.ruralmetro.com/

Code 3

Forum Captain
It might be beneficial if you post up which city the department is in. Rural/Metro is all over the United States. There will be variances between each area of operations.

Sasha

Forum Chief
If you're going for R/M Orlando, stay away. It's shriveling up and dying. Go for American, EVAC or Lake Sumter.

OP
OP
gicts

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
I guess that would help. I'm along the Kentucky-Indiana border

Skyelark

Forum Ride Along
Rural/Metro was chased out of the Houston area. From what I heard from the firemen who had to deal with them in our town, more people were getting to the point they'd rather take the risk of driving themselves to the ER than to ride in their rigs.

RailFan77

Forum Crew Member
They've been out of New Jersey for a few years. I'm not sure of the specifics on why though.