Any good EKG apps

Jaybird21

Forum Ride Along
Hey I am looking for everyones favorite EKG apps. Any recommendations? PS I have an iPhone.

MarkusEMS

Forum Crew Member
Honestly I don't really think those are reliable since you don't have some real connection like you have with the leads but rather a sensor in your phone just noticing a motion of the chest??
A friend of mine for some giggles downloaded one for her iPhone, can ask her but you'll notice that there's mostlikely no app out there that has no disclaimer about "not a medical analysis tool" ....unless they really developed a phone one that supports connectors for 12 leads?

- Markus

Last edited by a moderator:

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Really? They have ones that attempt to interpret a rhythm?

I thought he was talking more about one that you can plug in things like No P wave, regular R to R, etc to find the rhythm. I have one like that, but it only does basic rhythms and I dont need help remembering those lol its the complicated ones that I need a hint lol

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkusEMS

Forum Crew Member
Am not sure about the name of the app...but yeah, it's an "Amateur" and not "medical grade" app that supposedly detects the intensity and is super sensitive to the heartbeat.....you're right though, didn't think about it that the OP ment the "real thing"