Any EMT-B's in Chicagoland area??

brassguy

Forum Crew Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I am looking for any emts or paramedics who work for private ambulance companies. I am looking a a few different companies one that is a pretty large company and two smaller ones (Large Superior ambulance) (2 smaller A tec and Advantage ambulance). If anyone has any knowledge of these, which is better smaller company or quite large company?????

Eric

I'd recommend Superior

I used to work for Superior. They're by far the best company to work at as far as both pay and patient care experience is concerned. They have absolutely no employee relation skills though, and do not treat their employees very well. I also worked for Advance, but that company was terrible. Crews literally just put patients into the ambulance and took them to the hospital, without even doing vitals or assessments. Management was more lenient than Superior, and that created too many problems. For instance, they break many IDPH policies if doing so gives them a greater call volume, even if patient care suffers. I don't know too much about Advantage or A-tec, but I do know that they don't pay as well as Superior and your shift days are really slow because of the lower call volume. If you're looking for a private company to work at, I would have to recommend Superior.

You just have to be extra vigilant working for Superior. One mistake or accident could cost you your job there, they're not real understanding when it comes to accidents, or forgiving when it comes to mistakes. But, you do make good money there and you get to do more emergency calls with them than with any other private in the area.

Oh my gosh.........thank you very much!!!!! That's all I needed!!!!

Back