Answers Please

ems77

Forum Ride Along
I am an emt in the state of Illinois. I got my license a while ago but when it came down to getting a job sadly i couldn't find one. I have been working construction for a while and I have forgotten some of my training. I got called for an interview finally and it is scheduled for 1 week from today. If anybody has any information on where I could get some good review material or case studies it would be greatly appreciated. Also if any new procedures have come out in the last six months those would be nice to know too. Thanks everybody.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Check out the "NREMT" section; there's a bunch of study sites listed. As far as new procedures in the last six months, check with your state's regulatory organization to make sure scopes of practice didn't change wiht the new year. Good luck...

Danson

Forum Crew Member
This website has some pretty good practice tests and study notes: www.emtportal.com

Good Luck!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Look over your EMT book.

And don't know if you were in class before or after, but there is a new standard of bleeding control. Pressure points and elevation are eliminated, it's just direct pressure and tq.