AMR Waitlist

Markymark161

Forum Ride Along
Hello all! So I've been reading posts about the hiring process for AMR. Specifically Victorville where I landed an interview just yesterday. The process was very simple. No skills test or written, and after my interview, the guy told me I was put on a wait list for the next round of orientation. Not sure if all the info I've read on this site is outdated since it's all from like 2014, but does that mean I'm hired and just have to wait for orientation? Or is there still more to do. If so, how often are orientations held? This was my #1 pick for an EMT job as the call volume up here in Victorville will for sure get me the experience I need to be a medic one day. I just wanna have some insight from people who were hired here recently. Thanks!

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Yo, I use to work there as a medic. Busy area with good call diversity from stabbings in downtown to senior citizens in Apple valley and car accidents on the 15 freeway.
The waitlist is due to there being so many EMTs. So basically what you got was a “contingent” offer. As EMTs leave, they pick from the waitlist for those to fill there spot which is when you will hear about further process such as lift test/drug test/ and orientation.

Now how long the list is is unknown. When I left last august it was like 25-30 people I think (but that was just word of mouth). The list does go by pretty fast due to EMTs leaving for medic school/school, fire and other things.

OP
OP
M

Markymark161

Forum Ride Along
Yo, I use to work there as a medic. Busy area with good call diversity from stabbings in downtown to senior citizens in Apple valley and car accidents on the 15 freeway.
The waitlist is due to there being so many EMTs. So basically what you got was a “contingent” offer. As EMTs leave, they pick from the waitlist for those to fill there spot which is when you will hear about further process such as lift test/drug test/ and orientation.

Now how long the list is is unknown. When I left last august it was like 25-30 people I think (but that was just word of mouth). The list does go by pretty fast due to EMTs leaving for medic school/school, fire and other things.
Sounds good! I'm mainly chasing experience for medic school so the high call volume excites me. I'm really looking for job security as well. Is it easy to well, keep a job there for a lack of better words. I hear AMR rules with an iron fist. I really wanna stay there since there's like no ambulance companies uphill.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Yeah pretty much as long as you do your job, don’t steal supplies, wear a seatbelt and drive by the rules and don’t do pay fraud you’ll be pretty much good.
Of course you have to pass training but most the ftos when I left didn’t want to fail anyone. Only a few I know did not pass due to simply not getting the hang of things

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I see that there is a wait list in a lot of AMR's locations which in some doesn't make any sense.

A friend and former co-worker went to work for AMR in Denver/Colorado Springs area, and they made her wait almost 90 days before she started. They are advertising for 35 or so people and started new orientation classes every 2 weeks, which were only a 1/4 full and cancelled a couple because they didn't have enough people to make them worthwhile.
She did get a bonus because she volunteered to take long distance transports, which for that area is anything over 50 miles one way. Which at here old job everything she did is 120 miles or farther, so it is easy for her.

OP
OP
M

Markymark161

Forum Ride Along
A little update, but there are 4 people in the waitlist, me included. The person at HR said I should be in the next round of orientation. Anyone still have anything they wanna add about AMR Victorville or just AMR in general please comment. I'm really excited to start 911 calls after working IFT for about 2 months now.

Weewoo

Forum Ride Along
Any updates to your status? As I am currently in the same boat with the same agency and location. Wishing you luck and hopefully get to work with you soon.

Level Zero

Forum Ride Along
Hello all! So I've been reading posts about the hiring process for AMR. Specifically Victorville where I landed an interview just yesterday. The process was very simple. No skills test or written, and after my interview, the guy told me I was put on a wait list for the next round of orientation. Not sure if all the info I've read on this site is outdated since it's all from like 2014, but does that mean I'm hired and just have to wait for orientation? Or is there still more to do. If so, how often are orientations held? This was my #1 pick for an EMT job as the call volume up here in Victorville will for sure get me the experience I need to be a medic one day. I just wanna have some insight from people who were hired here recently. Thanks!
How long did it take to get an interview after applying?