AMR riverside

hello everyone, not sure where to post this but if anyone has info on AMR period I would like your intake... I am going in for the test soon and I want to know what to expect, does anyone know if the test is basic? im stressing a little, also what interview questions should I be looking out for? and what does the physical test include? thank you for anyone that helps!

BiggieChiquito

Forum Ride Along
Yo! I understand exactly how you feel. I just got hired on wit AMR Riverside.

Well in regards to the test, its similar to national registry, I recall for sure that there are OB/GYN questions, operations, AIRWAY, So I would say to lightly review those topics if they're not already fresh in your memory. But i studied a little when I knew I was going to take the test but honestly it wasnt half as bad as I thought it would be.

Well, in regards to the interview, I had two interviews each at different AMR locations because I did not get hired at the first location I applied to . The first interview was the usual interview questions such as tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. Why do you want to join AMR, where do you see yourself in the future. ( Hint: its in your best interest to say anything along the lines that you plan to grow with the company, even if its not true or you have other plans do not make it seem like you're just using it as a stepping stone for something else.) from what I've been told its good to look at their website and subtly let them know that you looked into the company and know some things here and there dont go to crazy about it its just something that looks good and helps you stand out. Just be ready to answer what would you do type of questions. (

Oh and at the end they gave me a scenario question, not sure if i answered correctly or not but it was a geriatric patient that seemed to have normal vitals but seemed to be confused and they had history of dementia and it was whether or not I would take them to the nearest hospital or a predetermined one of their choice. I said the one of their choice and monitor vitals for any changes but given that they have dementia it seems that their confused appearance is part of their "normal" self. I don't know if that was right, seemed right to me and i had justification for my choice but hey wat the heck ( by the way the second interview which was in riverside did not have the scenario question - so its different depending on the location you go to, but for sure those questions i mentioned.)

And the physical test I took ( I went down to Murrieta for the physical test )was one with different stations and you have to complete it under 13 minutes I believe. It included starting from being in the ambulance with your seatbelt on to getting off- closing the door- opening the back doors of the ambulance- Securing the doors and making sure they dont close on you- properly taking out the gurney, letting the safety hook hold the gurney from completely being pulled out, holding it for 5 seconds and lowering the legs- then I had to grab two equipment bags and carry them up this small staircase they had and go up turn around and come down and when I got to the bottom of the staircase just do a lunge while holding the bags and go back up but backwards and once again come back down backwards ( theyll tell you what to do when you get there, theyll put on some videos and guide you step by step while youre doing it so dont worry too much about memorizing every detail) but long story short: 3 minutes of chest compressions on a manakin- 3 minutes of upstep downstep on the stairs like a little exercise type thing- then simulate carrying stair chairs up and down the staircase using weights and all, and after all these things just get in the ambulance and set up the oxygen tank ( its not filled so its just scenerio) and deliver 10breaths with the BVM not to see of you oxygenate right its just to see if you have dexterity intact after all these stations, so not too technical. And yeah thats overall what it is. Not too bad so dont stress too much.

OP
OP
C
hey i really appreciate all that advice!!! how is life at amr?? i ended up going with CARE , but really appreciated your help on my questions, best of luck to you brother