AMR Modesto

whiteymcb12

Forum Probie
Hi I was looking for a thread but couldn't seem to find an answer. Is AMR Modesto / Stanislaus county only 911 or do they do bls too. For example AMR Monterey only does 911 but AMR San Francisco does 911 and bls.
Thanks for the help

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
It's just ALS. There are some BLS units that are only up on certain days, but they don't have a BLS division.

OP
OP
W

whiteymcb12

Forum Probie
So if you get hired there as an EMT then you would be running 911 or on the bls only?

It's just ALS. There are some BLS units that are only up on certain days, but they don't have a BLS division.

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
You run both. Assuming you're hired as PT, you work whatever shift is available that you want to pick up. But they aren't going to force you to work BLS.

OP
OP
W

whiteymcb12

Forum Probie
I don't mean this in a bad way but I'm just curious as to how you know this info
You run both. Assuming you're hired as PT, you work whatever shift is available that you want to pick up. But they aren't going to force you to work BLS.

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
I don't mean this in a bad way but I'm just curious as to how you know this info

Oh I don't know, maybe I'm just making stuff up. I've worked in several counties, Stan being one of them. Take it as you will, though.

I posted the same info in your other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
Just giving you a hard time, but considering your other thread, you should go for it if they're hiring. I think it's a good county to work in if you've never worked 911. Pretty simple layout. Only a few main hospitals. Traffic isn't too crazy for code 3 driving. It's a good gig.

OP
OP
W

whiteymcb12

Forum Probie
Just giving you a hard time, but considering your other thread, you should go for it if they're hiring. I think it's a good county to work in if you've never worked 911. Pretty simple layout. Only a few main hospitals. Traffic isn't too crazy for code 3 driving. It's a good gig.

Yea I just got hired for AMR in sf but there ill be bls for awhile until 911. Can you transfer in AMR?

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
You can transfer once you're off probation. I've heard of people transferring while on probation as long as it's approved by both counties. Not sure who the approval has to go through, though. And I'm not sure if it's an actual transfer. I think you need approval to just apply for another county since you can't transfer while on probation. Something like that..I haven't actually been through that process, but my buddy has. I'm sure someone at SF ops could explain it to you better than me.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

whiteymcb12

Forum Probie
You can transfer once you're off probation. I've heard of people transferring while on probation as long as it's approved by both counties. Not sure who the approval has to go through, though. And I'm not sure if it's an actual transfer. I think you need approval to just apply for another county since you can't transfer while on probation. Something like that..I haven't actually been through that process, but my buddy has. I'm sure someone at SF ops could explain it to you better than me.

I'm gonna stay at SF. The people are cool, I love the city, and the pay is awesome. Thanks for your help man.