AMR Los Angeles Hiring process?

EMS25

Forum Crew Member
Does anybody have experience with the hiring process of AMR in Los Angeles?
How hard is it to get hired? How is the test and the interview?

I really want to work for this company. I appreciate any input.

Thanks.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Probably the same as every other AMR branch.

Apply, interview, test, and either you get the job or don't. The test is not hard, and if you passed basic class, and /or have the NREMT, you have no excuse to fail AMRs hiring test.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
sorry to high jack the thread but does anyone know how CARE's hiring process is in North OC/ LA counties?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
sorry to high jack the thread but does anyone know how CARE's hiring process is in North OC/ LA counties?

Care starts with a written EMT test, then BLS skills evals, then an oral board, all done in the same day. They are a bit more selective than most BLS companies. With the glut of EMT's right now, I'd imagine more so than usual. Good Luck

OP- I went through AMR LA's process like 3 years ago, it was a written test(very easy), then skills(basic assessment and how to put an o2 tank together) and then HR interview, was offered a job on the spot, but I held out and then got a job at Care. AMR LA has since lost most of their 911 contracts, so I'm not sure how things may have changed.

OP
OP
EMS25

EMS25

Forum Crew Member
OP- I went through AMR LA's process like 3 years ago, it was a written test(very easy), then skills(basic assessment and how to put an o2 tank together) and then HR interview, was offered a job on the spot, but I held out and then got a job at Care. AMR LA has since lost most of their 911 contracts, so I'm not sure how things may have changed.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.