AMR Employees

RESCUERANDYEMS

Forum Crew Member
I live in Arizona and i'm thinking of applying to AMR. Say I got hired, What is the next step in their process? Is there like an academy or training program? What does it consist of? I'm trying to get an idea of the hiring process and how long you are with a FTO as well.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
You'll get jumped in, usually 6-8 guys with mallets and "soft" pipes and the like. Fight hard and with honor; you're going to lose anyway and they'll just bruise you a little. It's an honor, and usually they just rough you up some. For where you are, you won't have to blood in for some time, at least until you finish school and get on the street, so enjoy it if you get hired.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
You'll get jumped in, usually 6-8 guys with mallets and "soft" pipes and the like. Fight hard and with honor; you're going to lose anyway and they'll just bruise you a little. It's an honor, and usually they just rough you up some.
I totally got to skip this, but only because I'm short and they are an equal opportunity employer. Instead I had to eat an entire jar of expired mustard and hold my pee for the day instead.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The marines call it the green weenie but I call it dispatch.

Bassmaster

Forum Ride Along
My operation just did 1 week of online training and 6 FTO rides. Could be different in AZ, I've heard it's harder to get hired there.