Amitriptyline OD

trauma1534

Forum Captain
I had an OD situation some time back involving the drug Amitriptyline, I was wondering if anyone else has had dealings with this situation and how did you handle it?

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
I slept through mine. :D

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
I had an OD situation some time back involving the drug Amitriptyline, I was wondering if anyone else has had dealings with this situation and how did you handle it?

This is where you are going to feel bad about giving ridryder a hard time, and this is where you are going to see why a good formal education is so important. After he blows you away with his answer, you might have a better understanding why I think all ems providers should be paramedics (at the very least).

OP
OP
T

trauma1534

Forum Captain
This is where you are going to feel bad about giving ridryder a hard time, and this is where you are going to see why a good formal education is so important. After he blows you away with his answer, you might have a better understanding why I think all ems providers should be paramedics (at the very least).

Now, that was uncalled for! Be pretty!

OP
OP
T

trauma1534

Forum Captain
I didn't mean it as an insult but I guess it came out wrong, sorry

Guardian, act pretty!

I want to clarify something about Ridryder. I don't hate the guy's guts. I think he is very inteligent, just alot of times, he comes off sounding like he is trying to insult people. Hard guy to figure out. I just call things as I see them from some of his comments. I don't disregard everything that comes out of his mouth, or in our case, fingers when he types! ;-P

Lets not get a pissing match going in here, please! I just want to discuss the situation with the drug.

again, guardian, don't be ungly, act pretty! ;-)

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant

Just hang a bicarb drip and then "press hard-3 copies."

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Fedmedic, have you ever known anyone with this type OD?

Yep, picked several up. It is a tricyclic antidrepressant. Treated with bicarb, due to it causing metabolic acidosis. Now why do want to make me access all that useless information I have stored, now I have a headache....geez

OP
OP
T

trauma1534

Forum Captain
Yep, picked several up. It is a tricyclic antidrepressant. Treated with bicarb, due to it causing metabolic acidosis. Now why do want to make me access all that useless information I have stored, now I have a headache....geez

Well... a little birdy told me that you knew someone personally who had this OD. What was done for that patient? I believe it had something to do with a bathtub? LOL

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Oh...now I know what you are getting at....hahahahahahahahahahah

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
you know he's our uncle

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant
We should probably get Prizonmedik's take on this one.......

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
I called him today and he said he was grounded. :eek:

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant
He told me the same thing...imagine that.

MeckRS83

Forum Probie
Bicarb would be your friend here, and only a paramedic staffed truck. I think paramedics should be the only level allowed on a truck anyway.

OP
OP
T

trauma1534

Forum Captain
Bicarb would be your friend here, and only a paramedic staffed truck. I think paramedics should be the only level allowed on a truck anyway.

That is a matter of an oppinion. I happen to love to work with good eager to learn EMT-B's. What about the EMT-I's?