Ambulence Driving part of EMT B class?

MedicSchool10

Forum Ride Along
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Ambulence driving is part of the EMT B class. Do you have to be able to drive it upon completion of the class/internship?? I have not had my drivers license for very long and I feel that my driving abilities are lacking. Will this deter me from getting and EMT-B license?

Please let me know and thanks for all your info. :rolleyes:

Danson

Forum Crew Member
No, when you get a job with an ambulance company they will train you on their rigs.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Ambulence driving is part of the EMT B class. Do you have to be able to drive it upon completion of the class/internship?? I have not had my drivers license for very long and I feel that my driving abilities are lacking. Will this deter me from getting and EMT-B license?

Please let me know and thanks for all your info. :rolleyes:
How old are you? Age will play more of a part of making it hard to get a job than anythign else might

OP
OP
M

MedicSchool10

Forum Ride Along
I'm 22, I'm not really worried about an actual EMT job with an EMT B license, if I was to get a job in this field I would rather go all the way to paramedic. I'm mainly wanting this as an patient contact/hospital experience before I apply to professional school. I have already received my BS degree.

I really appreciate the info that you all are giving me.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
most schools do NOT have Driving as part of their class.

some do, usually ones that are actually sponsored by a fire dept or ambulance service

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
do a search here about troubles that other members have had getting a job if they are new drivers, or have had accidents in the past. Also do a search for a discussion we had recently about how to learn to park, and drive a rig larger then you are experienced on.

Your best bet, if you are wondering if it is taught in your area, would be to ask local training institutions.