Ambulances and police cars are becoming increasingly wired. Some 75 percent of police

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Every service I can think of in Southern Ontario has a laptop at least for using the Ministry of Health mapping software. Many use an electronic care report. My service has the laptop in the back with a terminal up front and Toronto EMS has their on board computers linked to dispatch.

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
The policy that exists, in my organization is that the attendant is responsible for the CAD computer at all times, and the driver is not to operate the CAD unless the vehicle is in park. For police, its a different ball game as they often ride single, but for EMS, this should not be a significant problem.

Scout

Para-Noid
Would people have any links to the companies providing the computers and programs to ambulances in the states?

Maybe a run down of what types of software ye have availible too.

Thanks

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Every service I can think of in Southern Ontario has a laptop at least for using the Ministry of Health mapping software. Many use an electronic care report. My service has the laptop in the back with a terminal up front and Toronto EMS has their on board computers linked to dispatch.

Edmonton EMS has a unit-to-dispatch link as well. They do live updates and digital PCRs through the system, as well as use it as a GPS (accurate to within 5 meters).

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
A hospital in Oregon tracks the RFD's in employees' prox cards to track them.

The "prox cards, or "Swipe cards" or "key vards" are about 2 mm thick, and each room has a little fout-point antenna dropped down from the ceiling.
I was told by nurses they were asked why they spent so much time in certain rooms, or if they felt they could manage their time better in light of a list of where they were and for how long the prior day.
Booger that!:ph34r: