Ambulance crew stood down after hitting man

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
I thought you may be interested in reading this article, as attached.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4655546a11.html
I do really feel for them!
How many of you have had a close call with pedestrians?

Cheers Enjoynz

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Deer yes, pedestrians no. One of the upsides of rural living! There was an incident some years back where a neighboring district hit some young girls riding horses. I believe there were fatalities involved but it was before my time.

Oregon

Forum Crew Member
Deer yes, pedestrians no. One of the upsides of rural living! There was an incident some years back where a neighboring district hit some young girls riding horses. I believe there were fatalities involved but it was before my time.

A bicycle hit my rear bumper after I had parked.
I hit a deer last year on the way to a search, and they still have not stopped giving me grief for it (my fellow SAR folk...not the deer.)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
See my reply in the post about hitting animals

I fond out after I had left my second civilian amb co that a decent young man killed a couple whose motorcycle had fallen on an icy bridge not long after I moved away.

Epi-do

I see dead people
What a tough thing for them to have to come to terms with. Fortunately for me, the dog I hit a couple years ago has been the only thing I have made contact with while driving the ambulance.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh dear.....

Gosh........ Those poor souls.

ride2k

Forum Crew Member
That must have been a horrible feeling for everybody involved. I can't even imagine having to deal with that. Imagine how the public must feel. Well I hope everything turns out alright.