Alberta EMT-A Industrial Day Rate

BEorP

Forum Captain
Hey guys,

I am just hoping to get some feedback to know whether what I have been offered is fair for an industrial day rate for an EMT-A in Albera. Is $350 a reasonable rate to work for a company with a good reputation?

Thanks!

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Hey guys,

I am just hoping to get some feedback to know whether what I have been offered is fair for an industrial day rate for an EMT-A in Albera. Is $350 a reasonable rate to work for a company with a good reputation?

Thanks!

The Company I work for Pays EMTs between 275-350 starting out depending on experience and time of year.

OP
OP
B

BEorP

Forum Captain
The Company I work for Pays EMTs between 275-350 starting out depending on experience and time of year.

Thanks! I should have mentioned as well that I have approximately four years of PCP experience in Ontario (non-industrial) and a couple degrees if that matters.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Thanks! I should have mentioned as well that I have approximately four years of PCP experience in Ontario (non-industrial) and a couple degrees if that matters.

You might get a bit more if you are lucky but that range is pretty standard

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief

They pay EMRs in Alberta 250/day with some companies paying an additional 50.00/day for meals. As well I found out some oilfield medics (they call eeveryone a medic from EMR to EMTP) only have OFA because there is no law in Alberta mandating the minimum requirements (I just found that out I was surporised because I thought you had to be an EMR registered with ACoP at the minimum). As well ACoP dropped the A from EMT about 5 years ago. I thought EMTs got paid 300 to 400.00 day with EMTPs making anywhere from 500.00 to 1000.00 / day. As well To be registered as a EMR, EMT or EMTP With ACoP the registration fees are some of the highest in Canada

Last edited by a moderator:

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
They pay EMRs in Alberta 250/day with some companies paying an additional 50.00/day for meals. As well I found out some oilfield medics (they call eeveryone a medic from EMR to EMTP) only have OFA because there is no law in Alberta mandating the minimum requirements (I just found that out I was surporised because I thought you had to be an EMR registered with ACoP at the minimum). As well ACoP dropped the A from EMT about 5 years ago. I thought EMTs got paid 300 to 400.00 day with EMTPs making anywhere from 500.00 to 1000.00 / day. As well To be registered as a EMR, EMT or EMTP With ACoP the registration fees are some of the highest in Canada

Companies usually have summer and winter pay rates. The last site I was at the EMR was making 250, EMTs 350. That was the winter rate. For summer take off 50 bucks. If you are in a camp everything is usually provided. If not you have a hotel that is paid for for you and you are reimbursed for food at a set rate per day.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
As well some companies will have the medic pay their own source deductions which means at tax time CRA will give you a big tax bill.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
As well some companies will have the medic pay their own source deductions which means at tax time CRA will give you a big tax bill.

Even with having AB taxes taken out I will still owe 5-7 k. Income tax on the east coast is much higher.

errey

Forum Crew Member
that sounds like a reasonable day rate for EMT/PCP you won't make much more normally unless you are working off-shore, however most off-shore rigs only hire EMT-P's and RN's