Age limit to becone an EMTB?? Too old?

Mar3060

Forum Ride Along
Is there an age limit to become an EMTB? Too old would be what age?

Surf40

Forum Probie
There is no maximum age limit, so long as you're able to do the job. Keep in mind, EMT work is a lot of lifting. Lifting equipment, lifting gurneys, and lifting patients. If you're unable to physically do the job due to age, then you're too old. If you can do the job, then you're not too old. Just as an example, I had a young gal of 21 in my EMT-B class who couldn't get a job because she was so tiny she couldn't lift the gurney.

OP
OP
M

Mar3060

Forum Ride Along
There is no maximum age limit, so long as you're able to do the job. Keep in mind, EMT work is a lot of lifting. Lifting equipment, lifting gurneys, and lifting patients. If you're unable to physically do the job due to age, then you're too old. If you can do the job, then you're not too old. Just as an example, I had a young gal of 21 in my EMT-B class who couldn't get a job because she was so tiny she couldn't lift the gurney.
Thank you!
I should be ok...I weight lift and am healthy. ..

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
I became an EMT in my late 40's, and a Paramedic at 53 ... I have no problems at all other than a majority of the PD, Fire, Patients and other responders assuming that I am the old grizzled vet, when the 25 yo with me has way more experience! LOL! My only regret is that I didn't do this earlier!