Advice for difficult testing situation

Pseudonymous

Forum Crew Member
So I just passed my EMT-B class on the 5th (February). Now, the state practicals are scheduled: practicals on the 10th, and written on the 23rd. Only problem is, I don't turn 16 until the 28th. After my course coordinator and I worked on finding the best solution, we came to the conclusion that I should take the closest state exam after my birthday, which happens to be: Practicals in late April, and written in early May. So my problems are: going that length of time before my test, and I'll have to have a silent partner for the test, which only makes things much more difficult.

So does anyone have any advice on how to make it that stretch of time, without losing too much information, or perhaps any advice on having a silent partner? My plan is to spend a lot of time at Borders reading over my textbook, reading over the protocols, practicing my vital signs, and going over some of the questions on my class's mid term exam, and final exam sheets.

Now, I know a lot of people are touchy about my age, so let me just tell you that in my state, the legal age of becoming an EMT-B is 16, and although I can do most of what is in my scope of practice, there are some exceptions, such as I have to be in an ambulance with an EMT over the age of 18 in the back (So basically I have to be in a 3 man team), I can't lead anything, and can't go to motor vehicle crashes, until age 17.

-Pseudonymous

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
You must be in NJ, the only state in the Union to allow EMTs at age 16. The other 49 states are 18.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
take some practice tests

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
You must be in NJ, the only state in the Union to allow EMTs at age 16. The other 49 states are 18.

Pennsylvania, too.
You must be 16 by the time you take the state test.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Read over any sections your unsure of, take some practice tests and go over your skills sheets.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
and don't forget to relax a little.

Otherwise you will stress yourself out and/or get test anxiety, neither of which help.

If you made it this far, you have everything it takes to pass.